SWITZERLAND, JANUARY 14 – The house of representatives committee on power has asked the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to suspend the planned increase in electricity tariff.
NERC had directed the electricity distribution companies (DisCos) to enforce an upward review of the tariff starting from April 1.
But at its meeting in Abuja on Tuesday, Aliyu Magaji, the committee chairman, asked NERC to issue a directive suspending the upward review pending proper consultations on the matter.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
November 16, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 223,898 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14,215 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,813 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,451 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,959 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,780 views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3,536 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,495 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,124 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,782 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org