A Nigerian footballer has died on the pitch in Turkey over the weekend. Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka, 23, a striker who plays for Sarayköyspor in the Super Amateur League collapsed in the 35th minute of the game against Ye?ilköyspor at the Servergazi Stadium.
He was rushed to the Servergazi State Hospital but was confirmed dead on arrival.
Turkish website, Haberturk reports the match was abandoned shortly after it was confirmed he died.
Denizli Amateur Sports Clubs Federation President Feyyaz Ce?en, in a statement, also said the club is left sad about his passing away.
August 13, 2021
October 10, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 16k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org