There were scenes of wild celebration across major cities in Tanzania yesterday after the country’s national team, the Taifa Stars defeated the Uganda Cranes 3-0 to achieve a historic qualification for this year’s Africa Cup of Nations to hold in Egypt.
Yesterday’s qualification was Tanzania’s first since 1980 when Nigeria hosted the biennial continental showpiece.
It was even more significant for Nigerian-born coach Emmanuel Amuneke, a 1994 AFCON winner who guided the Tanzanians to this historic feat as he became the second Nigerian tactician, after late Stephen Keshi, to qualify a foreign country for the Nations Cup.
February 27, 2019
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 13,094 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,850 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,381 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,689 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,435 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,300 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,854 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,563 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,354 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,282 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com