The Nigerian Senate has approved N30,000 as the new national minimum wage.
The approval came subsequent to the submission of the report of the ad hoc committee set up to review the minimum wage. The committee was headed by Senator Francis Alimikhena.
The decision was taken at the plenary session on Tuesday.
A request was also made to the Nigerian government to submit a supplementary budget, which would include the structure of the new national minimum wage.
The House of Representatives had also earlier approved the new figure as the national minimum wage.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
February 22, 2018
July 11, 2018
August 8, 2018
November 7, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.6k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 24, 2021