SWITZERLAND, OCTOBER 08 – President Muhammadu Buhari has finally presented the 2020 budget, which is based on N8.15 Trillion revenue projection. According to media aide, Bashir Ahmad, the increase in budget reflects the new minimum wage.
This budget is based on new VAT rate of 7.5 per cent.
According to the president, the increased revenues will be used to fund education, health and infrastructure.
Below are the allocations to some MDA’s as listed by the presidency:
- Works & Housing – N262bn
- Transportation – N123bn
- UBEC – N112bn
- Defence – N100bn
- Agriculture – N83 bn
- Water – N82bn
- Niger Delta – N81bn
- Education – N48bn
- Health – N46bn
- NEDC – N38bn
- SIP – N30bn
- FCT – N28bn
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
- January 24, 2023
June 6, 2018
September 27, 2017
November 7, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 226k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 10k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 7.2k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.7k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5.1k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 24, 2023