Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, has sued the Independent National Electoral Commission before the Federal High Court in Abuja seeking an order compelling it to issue to him a certificate of return as the senator-elect for the Imo West Senatorial District.
INEC had refused to issue him the certificate of return after the Returning Officer for the February 23 election, Prof. Francis Ibeawuchi, said he announced the governor as winner of the senatorial election under duress.
In the suit filed on his behalf by his lawyer, Mr Kehinde Ogunwumiju (SAN), the plaintiff made INEC the sole defendant in the suit.
The judge adjourned the matter till April 5.
February 19, 2018
December 17, 2019
October 2, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.6k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 24, 2021