No Question on Nigeria Air as Senate Asks Hadi Sirika to Take A Bow and Leave

0
206
Reading Time: 1 minute

SWITZERLAND, JULY 26 – Contrary to expectations by some Nigerians, the Senate did not ask immediate past Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, any question about the failed Nigeria Air project during his screening by Senators at the upper legislative chamber on Friday.

Instead, Mr Sirika was asked to take a bow and go; his privileged as a former Senator. There were only two major comments during his short screening.

In July 2018, Hadi Sirika unveiled the name and logo of Nigeria’s new national carrier, Nigeria Air. He also revealed that the Government will not own more than 5 percent of the new national carrier.

The project became controversial when Nigerians realized that the government was investing $300 million for its 5 percent stake while it appeared they were still searching for investors to put in approximately $5.7 billion for the remaining 95 percent.

In September 2018, the Federal Government announced that it had suspended Nigeria Air, procurement indefinitely.

During Sirika’s screening on Friday, Minority leader Eyinnaya Abaribe told him to look into the generator at the Enugu Airport while the Senate leader Abdullahi Yahaya suggested that FG seriously considers a National Carrier. Hadi Sirika is asked to take a bow and go.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: