The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has called off its nationwide strike.
This announcement was made on Sunday by the NLC President Ayuba Wabba.
He said the strike is being called off as a result of the firm and formal assurance of the Federal Government to reconvene the tripartite committee on the new minimum wage.
The Labour Congress had commenced the nationwide strike on Thursday, September 27.
The NLC President said the industrial action was due to the refusal of the Federal Government to reconvene the meeting of the tripartite committee to enable it to conclude its work on the new national minimum wage.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
February 4, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.9k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 17.7k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.7k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 6.8k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.3k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.8k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 5, 2022
- September 28, 2022
- September 8, 2022