SWITZERLAND, DECEMBER 05 – The Kano State House of Assembly on Thursday passed the controversial Kano Emirates Council Bill 2019, which seeks to create four additional emirates in the state.
The bill, which was sent to the House on Monday by the state Executive Council, was read for the third time on Thursday morning and passed into law with very little alteration.
DAILY NIGERIAN gathered that the only amendment to the bill is in Section 12, which the legislators inserted a proviso that the governor must seek their approval before grading the emirs first, second and third class.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
January 18, 2018
July 16, 2020
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.9k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.6k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 9, 2022
- January 9, 2022