The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara has officially announced his defection from the ruling All Progressives Congress to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party at the plenary on Tuesday.
Dogara, along with President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, had so defected since July 2018 without announcing their defections on the floors of the chambers.
Two other APC lawmakers, Edward Pwajok (Plateau) and Ahmed Yerima (Bauchi) also announced their defection.
Members of the PDP celebrated as Dogara made the announcement.
The House has adjourned sitting till after the general election, 19th February, 2019.
- November 10, 2022
November 10, 2017
November 8, 2017
December 14, 2020
January 29, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.9k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.8k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 6.9k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.6k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org