The Coalition of United Political Parties(CUPP) has alleged that there are plans to depose the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar III, and the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II. The allegation was contained in a statement on Tuesday by the spokesman of the CUPP, Imo Ugochinyere.
The statement said some chieftains of the All Progressives Congress in Sokoto and Kano States were behind the move.
It said the decision to depose the traditional rulers was taken because of their decision not to take sides in the supplementary elections holding in the states on Saturday.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
October 7, 2018
November 15, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.7k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.3k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 30, 2021
- November 24, 2021