SWITZERLAND, JULY 23 – Members of the House of Representatives have resolved to initiate a criminal complaint of perjury and civil proceedings against the Niger Delta Affairs Minister, Godswill Akpabio, over the Allegation that members of the National Assembly are major beneficiaries of over 50 per cent of contracts awarded by the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
Recall that the Speaker of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila, on Tuesday issued a two-day ultimatum to the Minister to publish names of beneficiaries of the NDDC contract.
The two days have elapsed and the Minister is yet to comply with the ultimatum.
The House, therefore, resolved to seek redress in the court.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
July 31, 2018
January 7, 2020
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.6k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 24, 2021