SWITZERLAND, NOVEMBER 21 – The Senate on Thursday passed the Finance Bill which seeks to amend seven Acts of the National Assembly relating to taxes payable in the country.
The bill specifically seeks an increment of the value-added tax from five per cent to 7.5 per cent.
It also seeks an increment in the Companies Income tax, Customs and excise, Petroleum Profit Tax, Stamp duties, personal income tax and Capital Income tax.
The Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, and Senators Ifeanyi Ubah, Gabriel Suswan and Abba Moro, however, raised objections to the bill.
They said the increment in taxes would further compound the sufferings and pains of Nigerians.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
September 6, 2019
February 4, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 223,870 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14,206 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,807 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,450 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,953 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,780 views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3,535 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,495 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,124 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,781 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com