SWITZERLAND, NOVEMBER 21 – The Senate on Thursday passed the Finance Bill which seeks to amend seven Acts of the National Assembly relating to taxes payable in the country.
The bill specifically seeks an increment of the value-added tax from five per cent to 7.5 per cent.
It also seeks an increment in the Companies Income tax, Customs and excise, Petroleum Profit Tax, Stamp duties, personal income tax and Capital Income tax.
The Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe, and Senators Ifeanyi Ubah, Gabriel Suswan and Abba Moro, however, raised objections to the bill.
They said the increment in taxes would further compound the sufferings and pains of Nigerians.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
July 17, 2018
March 9, 2019
November 21, 2018
December 26, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.3k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.6k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 3.5k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- July 28, 2021