SWITZERLAND, FEBRUARY 18- The Nigerian Air Force has dropped bombs on the Southeastern town of Orlu in Imo State, media sources and purported eyewitnesses have reported.
According to media sources, the airstrikes started on Thursday noon, and are connected with the military’s resolve to dislodge the Eastern Security Network operatives said to have strongholds in the forests.
The ESN operatives in January had a bloody clash with the Nigerian Army from Obinze barracks, where four soldiers were reportedly killed.
A video of the aerial bombardments on Thursday surfaced with fresh tension and anxiety building in the communities.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
June 28, 2020
October 31, 2017
April 4, 2019
March 9, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.4k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.3k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.7k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 3.8k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 25, 2021
- August 16, 2021