SWITZERLAND, JUNE 11 – Femi Gbajabiamila, lawmaker representing the Surulere consistuency of Lagos State has emerged the Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives in the closely fought contest for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly.
In the election which took place on Tuesday on the floor of the lower legislative Gbajabiamila polled 281 votes to defeat his rival, Umaru Bago, who 76 polled Votes.
He will be the 8th Speaker since the return to democracy in 1999.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Idris Wase has been elected unopposed as the Deputy Speaker of the House of representatives
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
November 13, 2017
January 29, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 221,777 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 13,915 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,649 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,434 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,767 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,739 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,486 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,087 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,709 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,648 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org