SWITZERLAND, JUNE 11 – Femi Gbajabiamila, lawmaker representing the Surulere consistuency of Lagos State has emerged the Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives in the closely fought contest for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly.
In the election which took place on Tuesday on the floor of the lower legislative Gbajabiamila polled 281 votes to defeat his rival, Umaru Bago, who 76 polled Votes.
He will be the 8th Speaker since the return to democracy in 1999.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Idris Wase has been elected unopposed as the Deputy Speaker of the House of representatives
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
January 18, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 224.7k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.1k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.1k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.6k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.5k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2.8k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2, 2020
- December 2, 2020