SWITZERLAND, DECEMBER 15 – Up to 50 Nigerian refugees living in the Nigerien town of Tumuk are feared killed after an attack by suspected Boko Haram insurgents.
The attack reportedly took place on Sunday during which residents were shot mostly at close range and houses torched.
Most of the inhabitants of the town were Nigerians from Abadam Local Government Area of Borno State who fled to neighbouring Niger.
There were over 40 000 Nigerians in the town.
In May this year, many refugees returned to their ancestral homes in Abadam following almost similar attacks.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
January 7, 2020
November 15, 2019
October 31, 2017
October 10, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.4k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.8k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.3k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 19, 2021
- October 6, 2021
- October 4, 2021