The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won in Bogoro Local Government Area of Bauchi State in Saturday’s senatorial bye-election.
Bogoro is the local government of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara.
Bogoro is one of the seven local government areas where the Bauchi South senatorial bye-election was held.
In the local government, Nigeria’s ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) scored 3992 votes, while the PDP scored 6,646 votes. Results were cancelled in 17 units of the local government due to over-voting. A total of 10,727 votes were thus cancelled.
Although Mr Dogara is officially a member of the APC, he is expected to defect to the PDP soon due to disagreements with his state governor.
As at the time of this report, results of three other local governments (Toro, Dass, and Kirfi) in Bauchi South had also been announced with the APC winning in those three.
November 17, 2017
September 21, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 224.8k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.2k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.6k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.5k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- January 19, 2021
- January 19, 2021