SWITZERLAND, AUGUST 15 – Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday granted bail to Abdullahi Babalele, son-in-law of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. He admitted him to bail for N20million with one surety in like sum.
The surety must be resident in Lagos and must produce evidence of means through an affidavit, the judge ruled. Babalele was directed to deposit his passport, which has been with the prosecution, with the court.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned him on Wednesday for allegedly laundering $140,000 during the general elections. He pleaded not guilty.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos. Send all correspondence to email@example.com
November 7, 2017
December 18, 2017
July 31, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,862 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,067 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,596 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,319 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,678 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,337 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,249 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,158 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,039 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 1,880 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 23, 2019
- August 23, 2019