SWITZERLAND, AUGUST 15 – Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday granted bail to Abdullahi Babalele, son-in-law of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. He admitted him to bail for N20million with one surety in like sum.
The surety must be resident in Lagos and must produce evidence of means through an affidavit, the judge ruled. Babalele was directed to deposit his passport, which has been with the prosecution, with the court.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned him on Wednesday for allegedly laundering $140,000 during the general elections. He pleaded not guilty.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
November 14, 2017
September 8, 2018
September 12, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 16k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- January 9, 2022
- January 9, 2022