SWITZERLAND, AUGUST 15 – Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday granted bail to Abdullahi Babalele, son-in-law of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. He admitted him to bail for N20million with one surety in like sum.
The surety must be resident in Lagos and must produce evidence of means through an affidavit, the judge ruled. Babalele was directed to deposit his passport, which has been with the prosecution, with the court.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arraigned him on Wednesday for allegedly laundering $140,000 during the general elections. He pleaded not guilty.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
May 15, 2019
September 27, 2018
July 31, 2018
November 15, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 223,854 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14,201 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,801 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,450 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,947 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,779 views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3,534 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,495 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,121 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,778 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com