SWITZERLAND, NOVEMBER 12 – The world’s most expensive watch, a £24.2million Patek Philippe, has sold in Switzerland at a Christie’s charity auction.
The Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime, one of the most complex timepieces ever crafted, was won by a private telephone bidder at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues in Geneva on Saturday.
It was expected to sell for around £2million but smashed the previous record of £13.5million held by a Rolex Daytona once owned by Hollywood star Paul Newman which sold in 2017.
The watch features a patented reversible case which can be turned to show two dials, one in rose gold, the other in black ebony.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
September 6, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.9k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 9, 2022
- January 9, 2022