Pope Francis will celebrate his Saint’s Day, buying 3,000 ice creams for the homeless and other poor people, the Vatican said on Monday.
In the Catholic calendar, April 23 marks St George’s Day.
The Pope was born in Argentina more than 81 years ago as Jorge (George) Mario Bergoglio.
To mark the occasion, the Office of Papal Charities would distribute the ice creams in Rome’s soup kitchens and dormitories, largely run by the Catholic charity Caritas, a statement said.
Italy is basking in the unusually warm weather for the season, with temperatures in Rome expected to reach 25 degrees on Monday. (dpa/NAN)
December 1, 2020
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 226k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 10k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 7.2k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.7k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5.1k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 24, 2023