Fire burns 60-year-old man to death while cooking in Ikeja

Reading Time: < 1 minute

A 60-year-old man has died in a house fire after he slept off while cooking at his residence in Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos state.

The man, identified simply as Monday, was cooking at Foundation Close in Opebi when he dozed off. A fire started soon after and it destroyed his properties and razed down his apartment when it wasn’t put out in time.

Officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the Lagos State Fire Service responded to a distress call at the apartment and prevented the incident from escalating, Punch reports.

After the fire was put out, the victim’s body was discovered and taken away by officials of the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit.

“When emergency workers arrived at the scene,  they discovered that a residential apartment was involved. Investigation showed that the resident of the apartment slept off while cooking” a source said.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: