FIFA have announced the final top-10 shortlist goals for the 2019 Pukas Award, including top stars like Lionel Messi and Zlatan ibrahimovic, MySportDab reports.
Barcelona Superstar Messi makes the shortlist for a clever chip during a meeting with Real Betis.
Ibrahimovic, who has starred for the LA Galaxy since moving to MLS, is recognised for the improvisation and quick-thinking he displayed in netting a spinning effort against Toronto FC.
Townsend, meanwhile, illuminated a Premier League meeting between Crystal Palace and Manchester Citywith a spectacular drive from distance.
Prolific Sampdoria frontman Fabio Quagliarella is another who displayed lightning-fast reflexes to flick a low cross through his own legs and into the bottom corner.
Cameroon international Ajara Nchout is the first female entry on the list, with a slaloming individual effort recorded against New Zealand at the 2019 Women’s World Cup.
The final two candidates are Amy Rodriguez of the Utah Royals for her driving run and strike and Billie Simpson for returning a goal kick with interest when turning out for Cliftonville.
All goals under consideration were scored between 16 July 2018 and 18 July 2019 inclusive, with seven men and three women on the shortlist.
Top 10 Goals Nominated For FIFA 2019 Pukas Award – MySportDab
1. Matheus Cunha In Bayer Leverkusen 2-4 RB Leipzig
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic In Toronto 5-3 La Galaxy
3. Lionel Messi In Real Betis 1-4 Barcelona
4. AJara Nchout In CAMEROON 2-1 New Zealand
5. Fabio Quagliarella In SAMPDORIA 3-0 Napoli
6. Juan Fernando Quintero In RIVER PLATE 2-0 Racing Club
7. Amy Rodriguez UTAH ROYALS 1-0 Sky Blue
8. Billie Simpson In Sion Swifts Ladies 2-2 Cliftonville Ladies
9. Andros Townsend In Manchester City 2-3 Crystal Palace
10. Daniel Zsori In Debrecen 2-1 Ferencvaros