SWITZERLAND, JANUARY 17 – Harry Maguire has been named as the new Manchester United captain just five months after joining the club from Leicester City.
The England centre-half succeeds left-back Ashley Young, who is close to completing a move to Inter Milan.
Maguire, 26, has made 29 appearances for the Red Devils since his £80m move from the King Power Stadium in August.
“Everything about him tells me is a leader,” said United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
“Harry will keep wearing the armband now.”
Marcus Rashford, David de Gea and Jesse Lingard have also captained the club this season in the absence of Young, who has made only 18 appearances in all competitions.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
November 10, 2017
November 6, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.7k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.3k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- November 30, 2021
- November 24, 2021