No fewer than 11 persons were trapped under a three-storey building which collapsed in Nnewi, Anambra, Wednesday night.
The building is located in Okpuno, Otolo, in Nnewi North Local Government Area of the state.
According to SP Mohammed Haruna, Police Public Relations Officers (PPRO) who confirmed the incident, the building belongs to one Collins Avoyi.
Haruna said nine of the trapped persons have been rescued and taken to hospital while effort was on to get the remaining two out of the rubbles.
He said the trapped workers included foreign masons from the Republic of Togo.
Born in Akure town, Gokeniyi is a lover of nature and good food. She loves to cover entertainment, general news and sports
November 8, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.9k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.6k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 9, 2022
- January 9, 2022