SWITZERLAND, AUGUST 22 – The Nigeria Football Federation, on Thursday, announced the death of a former Super Falcons player, Ifeanyichukwu Chiejine.
NFF said that Chiejine died on Wednesday, after a brief illness.
Today’s Echo gathers that Chiejine, who was born on May 17, 1983, had scored 15 goals in 61 games for Nigeria as of 2007.
“We are sad to announce the sudden demise of former Super Falcons player Ifeanyichukwu Chiejine who passed on after a brief illness on Wednesday, 21st August 2019. Ifeanyi captained the first set of the U19 National Women’s team to the first U19 (Now U20) @FIFAWWC in 2002,” the NFF said on Thursday via a tweet.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
July 16, 2020
November 8, 2017
November 16, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.2k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14.9k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.4k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 3.2k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com