Alhaji Yusuf Buratai, the father of Lt.-Gen Tukur Buratai, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) is dead.
Brig.-Gen. Sani Kukasheka, the Director, Army Public Relations, confirmed the death in a statement issued on Friday in Maiduguri.
Kukasheka stated that Yusuf Buratai, an ex-serviceman, died on Friday morning.
He added that “this is to inform you of the passing away of the father of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Alhaji Yusuf Buratai, this morning (Friday) in Maiduguri”.
Buratai, a veteran of World War II, joined the West African Army in 1942.
Born in Akure town, Gokeniyi is a lover of nature and good food. She loves to cover entertainment, general news and sports
- January 28, 2022
November 16, 2017
October 25, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.6k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 16k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.1k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.8k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.6k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org