SWITZERLAND, JUNE 11 – Femi Gbajabiamila, lawmaker representing the Surulere consistuency of Lagos State has emerged the Speaker of the Nigerian House of Representatives in the closely fought contest for the leadership of the ninth National Assembly.
In the election which took place on Tuesday on the floor of the lower legislative Gbajabiamila polled 281 votes to defeat his rival, Umaru Bago, who 76 polled Votes.
He will be the 8th Speaker since the return to democracy in 1999.
Meanwhile, Ahmed Idris Wase has been elected unopposed as the Deputy Speaker of the House of representatives
June 12, 2019
December 25, 2017
November 10, 2017
August 8, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 12,871 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,703 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,675 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,411 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,138 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,824 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,542 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,285 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,278 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 2,147 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 22, 2020
- February 21, 2020