SWITZERLAND, NOVEMBER 25 – Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona is said to have died after suffering a heart attack. South American outlet, Clarin says the 60-year-old has passed away in hospital on Wednesday.
Maradona, who has struggled with health problems in recent years, underwent brain surgery last month.
The former Barcelona star was pictured in recent weeks after surgery, reportedly on the mend.
Maradona won the 1986 World Cup with Argentina and is thought of as arguably Argentina’s greatest player.
Flocks of fans turned up at an Argentinian hospital in recent weeks to wish their hero well as he battled to survive the brain surgery.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
October 15, 2019
January 18, 2018
February 20, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 224.8k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.2k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.6k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.5k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.2k views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 15, 2021
- January 15, 2021