SWITZERLAND, MAY 15 – President Muhammadu Buhari is set to travel to Saudi Arabia on Thursday, May 16, to perform the lesser Hajj in Mecca, presidential sources have announced.
“President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted the invitation of King Salman Bin Abdulaziz, the ruler of Saudi Arabia & Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques,to perform the Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) in the Kingdom,” the presidency announced on Wednesday.
“To this effect, the President, accompanied by close personal aides, will embark on the journey on Thursday, 16th May. He is expected back in the country on Tuesday, 21st May.”
Umrah is an optional but recommended pilgrimage to Makkah that can be made at any time of the year.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 6, 2018
April 4, 2019
September 27, 2017
February 22, 2019
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,666 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,954 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,574 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,289 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,622 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,248 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,248 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,040 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,945 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,717 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com