SWITZERLAND, JUNE 11 – Senator Ahmed Lawan of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)representing Yobe North has emerged the President of Nigeria’s Ninth Senate.
The election, monitored by Today’s Echo, took place on the Senate floor on Tuesday morning.
Ahmed Lawan pulled 79 votes out of 107 to defeat his rival, Ali Ndume(APC) from Borno State who polled 28 votes.
Immediately after Lawan was announced as winner, Ndume shook hands with him.
The new Senate President has been sworn in, as required by the constitution of Nigeria. Senator Ahmed Lawan is the Senate President of the 9th Assembly.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
January 29, 2018
January 19, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,843 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,055 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,592 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,317 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,671 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,329 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,249 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,143 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,029 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 1,840 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- August 17, 2019
- August 17, 2019