Super Eagles forward, Alex Iwobi, was picked as the best Nigerian footballer for 2018 after the AiteoCAF Awards which took place in Dakar, Senegal, on Tuesday.
Iwobi, who was the only Nigerian in CAF’s top 10, was ranked sixth best player in Africa behind Mehdi Benatia, Riyad Mahrez, his Arsenal teammate, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and Liverpool duo of Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah, who defended his crown as Africa’s best footballer.
The playmaker was particularly important for his club and Nigeria last year, helping the Super Eagles seal a place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
- December 7, 2022
November 15, 2017
November 10, 2022
February 20, 2020
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.9k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.9k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 7k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.6k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org