SWITZERLAND, JUNE 26 – The Super Eagles of Nigeria have topped their group after beating the Syli Nationale of Guinea 1-0 on Wednesday at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations(AFCON) in Egypt.
Kenneth Omeruo scored in the second half with a nodding, sealing the match for Nigeria.
The match started with a lacklustre performance in the first half as Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi squandered several chances. The Super Eagles became more purposeful in the second half and it eventually paid off.
Nigeria have now won two out of two matches they have played at the AFCON and are on the way to qualifying for the next stage.
- November 14, 2019
November 17, 2017
September 6, 2019
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 12,250 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,276 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,636 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,368 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,758 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,474 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,453 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,260 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,164 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 2,073 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com