SWITZERLAND, JUNE 26 – The Super Eagles of Nigeria have topped their group after beating the Syli Nationale of Guinea 1-0 on Wednesday at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations(AFCON) in Egypt.
Kenneth Omeruo scored in the second half with a nodding, sealing the match for Nigeria.
The match started with a lacklustre performance in the first half as Odion Ighalo and Alex Iwobi squandered several chances. The Super Eagles became more purposeful in the second half and it eventually paid off.
Nigeria have now won two out of two matches they have played at the AFCON and are on the way to qualifying for the next stage.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos. Send all correspondence to email@example.com
April 15, 2019
October 12, 2018
November 15, 2017
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,869 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,073 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,598 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,322 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,684 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,339 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,249 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,165 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,043 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 1,902 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 25, 2019
- August 25, 2019