Nigerian music star, Simi has revealed that she is a feminist.
The sonorous singer made the disclosure during her question and answer session on Twitter called ‘AskSimi’ on Sunday.
When asked if she is a feminist, Simi said:
“I’m a feminist – because I believe women deserve equal opportunities and rights as men.
“The problem is people think because they disagree with some feminists, it negates the essence of feminism. Feminism is not about agreeing with everyone, it’s fighting for your choice. Fighting for the right for a woman to choose her own path – by her fucking self.”
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
November 13, 2017
April 15, 2019
November 21, 2018
November 11, 2017
February 19, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.5k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.7k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.9k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.2k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 3.4k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- November 24, 2021