Nigerian music star, Simi has revealed that she is a feminist.
The sonorous singer made the disclosure during her question and answer session on Twitter called ‘AskSimi’ on Sunday.
When asked if she is a feminist, Simi said:
“I’m a feminist – because I believe women deserve equal opportunities and rights as men.
“The problem is people think because they disagree with some feminists, it negates the essence of feminism. Feminism is not about agreeing with everyone, it’s fighting for your choice. Fighting for the right for a woman to choose her own path – by her fucking self.”
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
December 25, 2017
February 6, 2020
October 5, 2017
November 23, 2018
December 26, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 223,854 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 14,201 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,802 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,450 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,948 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,779 views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3,534 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,495 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,121 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,778 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com