Nigerian music star, Simi has revealed that she is a feminist.
The sonorous singer made the disclosure during her question and answer session on Twitter called ‘AskSimi’ on Sunday.
When asked if she is a feminist, Simi said:
“I’m a feminist – because I believe women deserve equal opportunities and rights as men.
“The problem is people think because they disagree with some feminists, it negates the essence of feminism. Feminism is not about agreeing with everyone, it’s fighting for your choice. Fighting for the right for a woman to choose her own path – by her fucking self.”
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and Public commentator. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos and has the ambition of becoming an award winning investigative journalist. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 19, 2018
February 15, 2019
November 6, 2017
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,464 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,805 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,543 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,250 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,568 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,231 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,182 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 1,935 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,871 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,692 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com