Nigerian music star, Simi has revealed that she is a feminist.
The sonorous singer made the disclosure during her question and answer session on Twitter called ‘AskSimi’ on Sunday.
When asked if she is a feminist, Simi said:
“I’m a feminist – because I believe women deserve equal opportunities and rights as men.
“The problem is people think because they disagree with some feminists, it negates the essence of feminism. Feminism is not about agreeing with everyone, it’s fighting for your choice. Fighting for the right for a woman to choose her own path – by her fucking self.”
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
November 14, 2017
November 11, 2017
October 31, 2017
August 26, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,843 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 6,055 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,592 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,317 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,671 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,329 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,249 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 2,143 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,029 views
- Today’s Echo Exclusive: Diamond Bank’s Fall and Lessons for Family Businesses in Nigeria 1,840 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com
- August 17, 2019
- August 17, 2019