SWITZERLAND, NOVEMBER 08 – Traders scrambled to save whatever they could, from their wares as a huge inferno engulfs the Okobaba Plank Market in Ebute Metta, mainland Lagos on Friday.
This is the second major fire incidence in Lagos within 5 days. There was a major fire at the Balogun market in Lagos Island on Tuesday.
According to media sources, the fire started in a building at the market and extended to 5 other buildings.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 222,389 views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 13,959 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 7,672 views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4,434 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,770 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 3,766 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,486 views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3,368 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3,090 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 2,718 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org