The police fired shots on Wednesday morning in Abuja as they forcefully dispersed protesting members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN.
Hundreds of IMN members started their protest from Garki Area 10 heading towards Area 1 shortly before they were barricaded by armed security operatives at Moshood Abiola Road on Area 2 junction of the Nigerian capital.
The Shiites insisted on continuing with their peaceful march. The police eventually used tear gas and gunshots to disperse them. At least one of the protesters was hit.
The Shiites are demanding the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, who has been held without trial by the government for almost two years.
Born in Akure town, Gokeniyi is a lover of nature and good food. She loves to cover entertainment, general news and sports
November 1, 2017
April 15, 2019
October 31, 2017
June 12, 2019
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.9k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 17.7k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.7k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 6.8k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.5k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.8k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com