SWITZERLAND, APRIL 09 – The National Centre for Disease Control(NCDC), the government agency at the forefront of the fight against the coronavirus has denied rumours that it said it had spent 1 billion naira on SMS messages.
In a recent tweet, the agency debunked the rumours.
“The headline claiming that NCDC has spent N1 billion on SMS to Nigerians is FALSE While communication through SMS is a key part of our #COVID19 response strategy, this has been largely provided as in-kind support by @AirtelNigeria@MTNNG@GloWorld,” the NCDC said.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
- November 10, 2022
November 21, 2018
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.9k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 9.8k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 6.9k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.6k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com