Hushpuppi Masterminded £2 Million Scam on SS Lazio – FBI

0
232
Reading Time: 2 minutes

SWITZERLAND, JULY 05 – In a growing list of crimes committed by former Nigerian millionaire Ray hushpuppy, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has disclosed that the alleged fraudster and his gang masterminded the £2 million scam perpetuated on SS Lazio in a payment intended for Feyenoord for Stephan de Vrij.

Recall that back in 2018, Lazio reportedly fell for an email scam and paid €2 million of the final instalment for defender Stefan de Vrij’s transfer from Dutch club Feyenoord to fraudsters.

Lazio received an email that appeared to be from the Dutch champions asking for the €2 million along with bank account details and duly sent the money.

But Feyenoord never received the cash and claim to have no knowledge of the email.

ALSO READ: Hushpuppi, Nigerian Most-Wanted Hacker – EFCC

The infamous scam has finally been solved after Hushpuppi and gang were found responsible for diverting the payment.

Brila FM sports radio who reported the news, wrote:

“The FBI has revealed that it was Ray hushpuppi and his gang who were responsible for the £2m scam perpetuated on SS Lazio in a payment intended for Feyenoord for Stephan de Vrij.

The infamous scam from 2018 has finally been resolved.”

See tweet below:

The former millionaire was arrested last month in Dubai over $431 million cyber scam, and has since been taken to the US to face trial.

The former Nigerian millionaire, targeted victims overseas by creating fake websites for well-known companies and banks in a bid to steal victims’ credit card information and then launder the stolen money,” Dubai police Brig. Jamal al-Jalaf said.

Investigators said Abbas, 38, who passed himself off as a wealthy real estate developer, flaunted his collections of luxury cars, shoes, watches, and other goods to help “lure victims from all over the world,” the outlet reported.

The FBI and Interpol raided his Dubai apartment as he slept and seized more than £30 million, or $37 million, in cash.

The trial of the former Instagram influencer began on Friday, July 3, 2020, in a United States court, and if convicted, he will be sentenced to 20 years in jail.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: