he Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has dismissed three officers in the Inspector cadre involved in the “unauthorised” search of the home of Chief Edwin Clark, an elder statesman.
The officers — Inspector Godwin Musa, Inspector Sada Abubakar and Inspector Yabo Paul — were led by ASP David Dominic, who stormed the house of Clark claiming the elder statesman was housing arms and ammunition.
The Police, through its spokesperson, Jimoh Moshood, announced that the inspectors had been dismissed from the force.
Moshood claimed that the Inspector General of the Police, Ibrahim Idris, approved the dismissal of the inspectors.
On Wednesday, the force had paraded one Ismail Yakubu who was said to have given false information that led to the search of Clark’s home.
That was hours after the IGP had apologised to Clark for “the misconducts of the said Police personnel and the attendant embarrassment the search has caused on the elder statesman and his family”.