An oil spill has been reported at Oyakhama community, in Ahoada-West Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Chief Amachree said the spill was the worst to be recorded in Oyakhama, adding that it has affected other neighbouring villages, with crops, as well as animals and aquatic life destroyed.
Chief Amachree said the community has put a call across to the company responsible for the spill without any response,therefore, calling on the government to intervene.
“We have never seen this kind of spill before. We don’t even know how it happened,” he said.
The management of Nigeria Agip Oil Company, NAOC, Port Harcourt are yet to respond to the spill as at press time.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
February 4, 2019
November 6, 2017
November 16, 2017
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 225.4k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 15.5k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 8.8k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 4.7k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 4.1k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.8k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.7k views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3.6k views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 3.3k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 27, 2021
- October 27, 2021