FG suspends Nigeria Air indefinitely

0
223
Reading Time: < 1 minute

The Federal Government has suspended the National Carrier, Nigeria Air, procurement indefinitely.
The Minister of State Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja while briefing newsmen.

He said the federal government took the decision to suspend the procurement of Nigeria Air at the federal executive council meeting. Sirika didn’t give any specific reasons for the suspension.

Recall that Today’s Echo had reported on July 23, 2018 that there were questions begging for answers as the Minister of Aviation revealed that the Government will not own more than 5 percent of the new national carrier. Furthermore, the minister’s statements revealed that the Nigerian government is investing $300 million for its 5 percent stake while it appears they are still searching for investors to put in approximately $5.7 billion for the remaining 95 percent.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: