The group of seven most industrialized countries, G7 has given $251 Million in aid to support women entrepreneurs in Africa.
The G7 is made up of United States, Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy, United Kingdom, and France.
The French president, Emmanuel Macron announced this during the 2019 G7 Summit in France at a press conference with president of the African Development Bank(AfDB), Akinwunmi Adesina and African music icon, Angelique Kidjo.
Today’s Echo gathers that the funds will go to AFAWA, a special initiatove set up by the AfDB.
AFAWA is a pan-African initiative to close the $42bn gender credit gap for women enterprises in Africa
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and public commentator with a penchant for telling compelling stories. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos.
- January 24, 2023
August 13, 2021
January 26, 2018
October 29, 2018
December 1, 2020
- Breaking: WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink as Possible Treatment for COVID-19 226k views
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 18.4k views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 10k views
- Azealia Banks goes topless, shows off her new giant breast implants +18 7.2k views
- BBNaija 2018: Teddy A and BamBam caught having sex in the toilet (18+ video) 6.7k views
- Colorado: The Dangerous, Convulsion-Inducing Drug Destroying Nigerian Youths(Disturbing Videos) 5.6k views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 5.1k views
- Breaking: Lagos Records First Confirmed Coronavirus Case 4.5k views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3.9k views
- Trump Accused of Killing Personal Assistant, Carolyn Gombell in 2000 3.9k views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 24, 2023