The Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed suit by Segun Oni against the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi and upheld the latter’s victory.
The court, in a unanimous judgment of a five-man panel, held that the appeal by Oni, was statute barred.
According to Justice Amiru Sanusi, in the lead judgment, the case, being a pre-election one, was not commenced at the trial court, within the required time, as stipulated under the Forth Alteration Act.
Oni, an ex-Governor of Ekiti State had appealed the judgment of the Court of Appeal, which upheld the decision of a Federal High Court, to the effect that his (Oni’s) challenge of Fayemi’s eligibility to contest the last governorship election in the state, was without merit.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and Public commentator. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos and has the ambition of becoming an award winning investigative journalist. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
December 25, 2017
December 20, 2017
November 10, 2017
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,001 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,453 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,517 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,199 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,522 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,209 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,777 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 1,757 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,649 views
- BBnaija: Lolu and Anto kiss and smooch after reconciliation(video) 1,588 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Nigeria and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com