The Supreme Court on Wednesday dismissed suit by Segun Oni against the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi and upheld the latter’s victory.
The court, in a unanimous judgment of a five-man panel, held that the appeal by Oni, was statute barred.
According to Justice Amiru Sanusi, in the lead judgment, the case, being a pre-election one, was not commenced at the trial court, within the required time, as stipulated under the Forth Alteration Act.
Oni, an ex-Governor of Ekiti State had appealed the judgment of the Court of Appeal, which upheld the decision of a Federal High Court, to the effect that his (Oni’s) challenge of Fayemi’s eligibility to contest the last governorship election in the state, was without merit.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and Public commentator. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos and has the ambition of becoming an award winning investigative journalist. Send all correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 19, 2018
December 13, 2017
October 30, 2017
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,474 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,808 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,543 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,250 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,568 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,231 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,184 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 1,939 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,874 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,693 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through email@example.com