Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, has tweeted his condolences to the victims of the attack, and confirmed that there will be “highly visible” and armed police around mosques in the UK capital on Friday.
“I want to reassure the Muslim communities in London. I have been in touch with the Met Police. There will be highly visible policing around mosques today, as well as armed response officers, as Londoners go to pray,” he said.
London has a large Muslim community. In 2017, one person was killed and several were injured when man drove a van into pedestrians near Finsbury Park Mosque in north London.
See Sadiq Khan’s tweet below:
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and Public commentator. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos and has the ambition of becoming an award winning investigative journalist. Send all correspondence to email@example.com
October 30, 2017
November 9, 2017
November 16, 2017
November 21, 2018
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,296 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,665 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,532 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,238 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,550 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,223 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,146 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 1,877 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,839 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,677 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Nigeria and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org