SWITZERLAND, JUNE 11 – Senator Ahmed Lawan of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC)representing Yobe North has emerged the President of Nigeria’s Ninth Senate.
The election, monitored by Today’s Echo, took place on the Senate floor on Tuesday morning.
Ahmed Lawan pulled 79 votes out of 107 to defeat his rival, Ali Ndume(APC) from Borno State who polled 28 votes.
Immediately after Lawan was announced as winner, Ndume shook hands with him.
The new Senate President has been sworn in, as required by the constitution of Nigeria. Senator Ahmed Lawan is the Senate President of the 9th Assembly.
Dede is an accomplished literary critic and Public commentator. An avid Man City fan, he lives in Lagos and has the ambition of becoming an award winning investigative journalist. Send all correspondence to email@example.com
November 9, 2017
November 7, 2017
September 27, 2017
February 27, 2019
- Tonto Dikeh goes nude, shares scenes from plastic surgery in reality show (video) 11,464 views
- Footballer Dele Alli caught on video receiving oral sex from prostitute 5,805 views
- Despite having N30 billion, Davido reveals he needs more 3,543 views
- Top 12 funny Nigerians you should follow on Instagram 3,250 views
- BBNaija: Princess mistakenly exposes her butt (video) 2,568 views
- Confusion: Amosun campaigns for two parties as youths stone Buhari in Ogun 2,231 views
- Olajumoke and the Sudden Wealth Syndrome 2,182 views
- Exclusive: Jowi Zaza, the mysterious millionaire who is younger and richer than Hushpuppi 1,935 views
- Breaking: Banky W leaks nude pictures of wife 1,871 views
- Petrolex, Adebutu and a season of politically motivated media attacks 1,692 views
Subscribe to our newsletter
Today’s Echo is a versatile online newspaper based in Switzerland and committed to reporting the Nigerian experience across the world.
Feel free to send us your stories and requests. We can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org