President Muhammadu Buhari has accepted the resignation of Kemi Adeosun as minister of finance. In a statement issued by presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, the President appreciated Adeosun for her services to the nation and wished her well in her future pursuits.
Buhari also approved that the Minister of State Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed, should oversee the ministry immediately.
The statement read, ” President Muhammadu Buhari Friday accepted the resignation of the Hon. Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun. The President thanked the Minister for her services to the nation and wished her well in her future pursuits.
” The President also approved that the Minister of State Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, should oversee the Ministry of Finance with effect from today.”
Here are eight facts you need to know about Zainab Ahmed:
1. Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was born 55 years ago in Kaduna State.
3. She started work in 1982 as an Accountant in Kaduna State Ministry of Finance in Kaduna state and moved to Nigerian Telecommunication Ltd (NITEL)
4. In 1995, where she worked in various departments and rose to the rank of the Deputy General Manager (DGM).
5. In 2010, she was appointed to serve as the executive secretary of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative.
6. Before her appointment to oversee finance ministry, she was Minister of State Budget and National Planning.
7. She is a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), a member of the Nigerian Institute of Taxation and the Nigerian Institute of Management.
8. In March 2009, she was appointed Managing Director of Kaduna Investment Company. She was then appointed a member of the National Stakeholders Working Group (NSWG).